Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

Twenty Five Years

Oregon Coast Magazine is now in its 25th year of publication. It started in 1982, during the worst economic downturn that Oregon has seen since the Great Depression. It has survived longer than any other general interest magazine in the Pacific Northwest. There have been a couple of efforts at Washington Magazine, Oregon Magazine, and sundry city books. But Oregon Coast Magazine just keeps plugging along. There are subscribers who began before the current owners bought it in 1988.

The person who makes it all work is my wife Alicia. I tell people that and they say I'm being modest, but in fact I wouldn't have any idea how to get an issue to the printer. She hunkers down with her Mac and with the help of a lot of others on the staff, it gets down every two months. It's always been an amazing thing to me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?