Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Real Estate in Bandon

When I wrote an article earlier in the year about the most expensive homes on the Oregon Coast, one of them that stood out was an old (1935), middle-size (2000 sq ft) house in Bandon for $1.8 million. On 75 feet of waterfront. It worked out something like $2000 per inch of waterfront. I thought that was a litle excessive, but I didn't actually call it insane.

In a few months, we're going to do a retrospective on those homes to see how many of them sold and at what price. I get the feeling that there aren't quite as many people now ready to buy property at any price on the theory that someone would take it off their hands the next month. But if this one sold for anything like the asking price, we'll know that the boom is still underway.

Actually, silly those these prices sound, oceanfront real estate now sells for multiples of prices that, a few years ago, people like me thought were silly. There just doesn't seem to be any limit to what people will pay for it and, as people say, they aren't making any more of it.

Comments:
Hi, Rob,

I was randomly passing through the blogs, and I saw "Reed College" out of the corner of my eye. I graduated from Reed in 1985, and haven't been back to Oregon since (not that I haven't wanted to!). I do miss the coast,especially. Maybe I'll get back there at some point in the near future.

Nancy Bevilaqua
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?